Sustain Health provides safe and natural treatments to assist in your recovery after childbirth
Alongside all of the joy of your new baby there is no question that pregnancy and birth are very taxing on the body, mind and emotions. Acupuncture and TCM are well known remedies to assist with recovery and support for new mothers.
How can Acupuncture and TCM help?
- Revive energy levels – The energy of the body is usually the most obvious and immediate concern after giving birth. Acupuncture and TCM are excellent gentle interventions that can assist to recover your energy back to its fullest.
- Build blood – In TCM we recognise that pregnancy and birth consume the blood of the mother substantially. Acupuncture and TCM are excellent strategies for helping to rebuild your reserves of blood and essential fluids after childbirth and in preparation for motherhood.
- Moderate postnatal depression – It is normal for about half of all new mothers to experience a lull in their mood after giving birth. This usually only lasts a few hours or a couple of days, but for about 10% things get worse. Acupuncture and TCM can help with depression, anxiety, irritability and the feeling of inability to cope, and help to restore a more normal experience of life.
- Regrow lost hair – Hair loss during and after pregnancy is quite common and comes from the extreme taxation on the blood during these times. Although treatment may need to be applied for some few months Acupuncture and TCM can be specifically targeted to regrow lost hair as well as deal with any other issues.
- General health – After the last 9 months it is perfectly normal to feel a little off in one or two areas. Acupuncture and TCM are excellent for bringing health and balance back into the body and supporting you in your new role as a mother.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – They key word for postpartum support is recovery. Acupuncture and TCM combined with correct rest and nutrition can ensure your recovery is timely and effective.
- Acupuncture – This safe non-intrusive intervention is a mainstay for postpartum care. With little or no discomfort Acupuncture can bring the body back into balance and restore strength in a gentle and effective way.
- Herbal Medicine – Excellent for providing the body with exactly what it needs postpartum, Herbal Medicine is very popular for assisting recovery after pregnancy and birth. The herbs used for this purpose in our clinic are specifically tailored to meet every individuals needs and are safe for mothers who are breast feeding.
- Regularity – The frequency of treatment will vary depending on your condition and your record of treatment prior to and during pregnancy. Often your Chinese Medicine professional will ask you to come back weekly or every fortnight for 1 or 2 months to ensure the fullest recovery. This is often accompanied by continued use of herbal medicine.
Your recovery is very important, so do not hesitate to make an appointment and give your body the assistance it needs!