Vanissa is a registered physiotherapist who completed her Masters of Physiotherapy Practice
from La Trobe University. Her interest, passion, and experience in both neurological
and musculoskeletal physiotherapy provides her with skills and enthusiasm in assisting clients
to obtain the best outcomes.
She has had a wide range of experience working in a general musculoskeletal and sports
therapy private practice, local Victorian amateur footy teams, aged care facilities, as well as
community rehab in the home for both spinal cord injuries and conditions associated with the
Prior to completing her Masters in Physiotherapy, Vanissa worked as a physiotherapy assistant in Canada where she also completed her Bachelor of Science Honours Kinesiology at the University of Waterloo. The study of kinesiology addresses physiological, biomechanical, and psychosocial principles and mechanisms of movement which she finds important in her holistic approach to assessment and treatment.
Vanissa values continued development, learning and communication between both practitioners and patients as well as between different disciplines. She believes teamwork is an integral part to the treatment and management process.
Outside of physiotherapy, Vanissa enjoys trying new foods, having a good cup of coffee with friends, playing basketball and also going on an occasional hiking trip.
- Management of neuromusculoskeletal injury
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Exercise rehabilitation
- Falls and Balance
- Movement disorders & any joint dysfunction
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder impairments
- Work-related posture and ergonomics
- Masters of Physiotherapy Practice- La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Science Honours Kinesiology- University of Waterloo
- Sports Trainer
- Dry Needling and Myofascial Cupping Level 1
- Member of Australian Physiotherapist Association (APA)
- Member of Australian Physiotherapist Association Neurology Group