Often first diagnosed as a consequence of the abdominal and period pain associated with it, Endometriosis is a chronic condition that is often seen as difficult to treat even with extensive surgery. Thankfully Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine – TCM provide more gentle solutions to help normalize the reproductive system and treat the symptoms of endometriosis including pain and correcting the menstrual flow.
How can Acupuncture and TCM help?
- Reduce endometrial tissue – In order to reduce the endometrial tissue and prevent return, Acupuncture and TCM use the strategies of moving blood and correcting the menstrual flow. Over time these assist the body to clear the excess endometrial tissue and create better monthly habits in order to prevent further invasion.
- Reduce pain – Abdominal pain is one of the hallmarks of endometriosis and is one of the main focusses of Acupuncture and TCM during treatment. Depending on how advanced the endometriosis is this aspect can change relatively quickly during treatment.
- Increased fertility – There is little doubt that endometriosis has a detrimental effect on fertility. As treatment progresses and the condition clears normal fertility function is usually restored as well.
- Reduced emotional reactions – Feelings of anger, fear, anxiety and despair associated with endometriosis are well recognised for a combination of reasons. Acupuncture and TCM are excellent for assisting with any emotional aspect associated with endometriosis during the course of treatment.
- Improved general health – Although endometriosis is often seen in people with few other health concerns the contrary can also be the case. Often treatment involves improving overall health in order to assist the body to correct its own functioning.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – The severity and long term nature of endometriosis means that most changes occur over the medium to long term. Treatment for this duration can greatly reduce symptoms and resolve pain levels.
- Time – Treatment usually requires 1 or 2 courses of treatment, but in some cases longer may be necessary for complete resolution.
- Acupuncture – Without doubt regular contact with your Chinese Medicine professional and acupuncture are essential for resolving this condition. Your Chinese Medicine professional will outline a treatment plan specifically for you.
- Herbal Medicine – Continual use of Herbal Medicine is also essential for treating endometriosis. The herbs will be specifically tailored to you and may be adjusted during the course of treatment to fit your current presentation.
There is a gentle way to resolve the symptoms of endometriosis. Book now to begin your journey back to good health and no pain.