The practitioners at Sustain Health are experienced in providing holistic and natural treatments to reduce the symptoms of menopause
Typically occurring between the ages of 47 and 53, the changes of menopause are very obvious and for many women quite uncomfortable. As the hormones change and the body enters into a new phase of life body can change quite dramatically and the transition may take quite a long time, even years.
How can Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine help?
- Hot flushes – As Oestrogen and Progesterone levels decrease and FSH and LH increase the fluid distribution changes in the body causing sensations of heat and sweat. Acupuncture and TCM can help to bring the balance back into the body, reduce heat and support the blood and other fluids thus reducing sensations of heat and minimising perspiration.
- Irritability – Often going hand in hand with temperature changes, becoming touchy and quick to react can be uncomfortable for more than just one person. By supporting the body and helping to facilitate a smooth transition through menopause, treatment can lessen emotional states and restore a more normal experience of life.
- Fatigue – Many women experience significant levels of fatigue during menopause. Treatment with Acupuncture and TCM can focus on increasing energy levels whilst addressing the other presenting symptoms.
- Mental clarity – When addressing the symptoms of menopause the issues of reduced mental focus, clarity and stamina can become a priority. In order to achieve improvement in these areas the balance of the whole body is often addressed and symptoms improve alongside other issues.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – During the course of treatment we often observe dramatic reduction in menopausal symptoms and positive changes to quality of life. The vast majority of patient report reduction and even complete resolution of hot flushes as well as improvements in energy, mental clarity and emotional state.
- Time – Because of the long term nature these changes may entail most patients usually require 1 or 2 courses of treatment in order to reach satisfactory levels of wellbeing.
- Acupuncture – Regularly applied Acupuncture is excellent for bringing the balance back into the body and engendering energy and mental focus as well as releasing heat and moderating emotions.
- Herbal Medicine – The continued support that herbal medicine can provide is often indispensable when addressing menopausal symptoms. This gentle therapy is can specifically target the fluids of the body and moderate the effects of the changing hormonal environment, as well as supporting energy levels and helping to moderate emotional states.
Looking for a gentle way to help with menopausal symptoms whilst being able to continue with your normal life? Book now to see one of our Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture professionals and find out how we can help you.