The monthly cycle is often overlooked or not treated until a problem becomes particularly severe and most modern solutions involve hormonal therapy such as the pill or perhaps surgery. From a holistic point of view neither of these solutions is particularly ideal with both of them forcing the reproductive system into a different state or rhythm and not actually addressing what is going on.
Acupuncture and TCM are different in that these non-invasive interventions improve an individual’s well-being by creating better health and improving the natural function of the menstrual cycle.
What kind of cycle issues can Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine help?
- Scant or heavy flow.
- Short or prolonged cycles.
- Bleeding outside the cycle.
- Flooding and trickling.
What kind of associated problems can Acupuncture and TCM help with?
- Menstrual pain and cramp.
- Breast distention.
- Headache and migraine.
- Body aches.
- Bowel issues.
- Heat sensations.
- Nose bleed.
- Mouth ulcers.
- Skin rashes and pimples.
- Fluid retention and swelling.
- Mood changes, irritability, sadness etc.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – At sustain health we have a strong emphasis on treating reproductive issues. In line with this we pride ourselves on our treatment of women and every aspect of their reproductive and cyclic heath. Our practitioners have lots of experience in treating all of the above conditions.
- Improved general health – The menstrual cycle can be very good indicator of what is happening in the body overall. During treatment other areas are often addressed in order to correct menstrual issues, including: digestion, energy, sleep, emotions, nutrition, activity etc. The good news is that better equals better, that is to say as your cyclic health improves alongside your general health, no compromising one for another!
- Acupuncture – The cyclic nature and subtleties of the cycle usually require the type individual attention that Acupuncture can provide. This non-invasive intervention is excellent for correcting cyclic inconsistencies, moderating complications and associated problems, and bringing the correct balance back into the body.
- Herbal Medicine – Herbal Medicine is one of the primary interventions when treating menstrual disorders. The continual support and action of the herbs is indispensable for gently bringing the cycle back into balance as well as encouraging the correct supply of blood and energy at the correct times.
- Regularity – In order to create the lasting changes to the body your Chinese Medicine professional will often require you to receive Acupuncture and take Herbal Medicine regularly for a number of cycles. This is often very important for creating the long-term changes that are needed in the cycle and health in general.
Don’t resign yourself to an uncomfortable and unhealthy cycle, something can be done! Book in to see one of our Chinese Medicine professionals today and begin to change your life for the better.