Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - PCOS
A results driven, personal treatment plan to find relief from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
“Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – PCOS” is a long term condition that affects as much as 5% to 10% of women of childbearing age. This syndrome defined by symptoms regarding the reproductive system including multiple cysts on the ovaries is also responsible for subfertility in upto 75-90% of women who have it.
- Reduce androgenism – The characteristic hormonal imbalance of increased androgens can be addressed with the use of Acupuncture and TCM. This can have the effect of preventing continuation of the condition and resolving the effects of PCOS.
- Lessening of cysts – One of the main focusses of treatment is to reduce the number and size of ovarian cysts. Acupuncture and TCM are effective interventions for removing the congealing fluids and connective tissue associated with ovarian cysts.
- Weight control – One of the characteristic traits of women with PCOS is often excess or insufficient body mass. Focussing on the digestion and kidney function allows treatment to resolve energy issues and therefore normalize extremes of body mass.
- Reduce pimples/acne – Pimples or Acne are often synonymous with PCOS. By addressing the root of PCOS and focussing on digestion and the skin respectively, Acupuncture and TCM are well equipped to resolve problem in the skin as treatment progresses.
- Managing emotions – PCOS often has a strong emotional component either as a causal factor or as a reaction or both. One focus of treatment is to reduce the stress associated with the condition and help to manage any other emotional complications.
- General health – When addressing conditions that affect the whole person it is important to ensure everything is functioning at its optimum. In order to achieve this every aspect of your health may be brought into better health as the condition resolves.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – With the continued regime of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine many women achieve significant changes and even complete resolution of PCOS.
- Time – Because of the long term nature of PCOS most women require more than 1 course of treatment. The good news is that there is usually substantial differences notable as treatment progresses.
- Personal attention – As each person is different so the manifestations of PCOS can be radically different. Your Chinese Medicine professional with prescribe a treatment regime specifically tailored to your individual needs and adjusted as developments arise and your health improves.
- Acupuncture – Regular contact with your Chinese Medicine professional and Acupuncture are essential for dealing with PCOS. Your treatment will not only encompass the condition as a whole but your needs on any given day.
- Herbal Medicine – Continued use of Herbal Medicine will be integral to the normalization of your reproductive health. This gentle intervention has many benefits and does not sacrifice one aspect of health for another, and so has few or no side effects.
Act now and start reducing the impact PCOS is having on your life.
Contact us to find out how one of our Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture professionals can help you.