At Sustain Health, our experienced practitioners are skilled in diagnosing and providing effective treatment for Luteal Phase Defect.
“Luteal phase defect” or “Luteal phase insufficiency” is quite common throughout the population and is commonly associated with subfertility. It is also seen as the possible cause of 20% to 60% of miscarriages.
- Increase follicular development – Stimulating follicular growth and improving ovulation quality ensures adequate hormonal secretion by the corpus luteum will help to increase fertility levels and prevent miscarriage.
- Raise progesterone levels – One of the key hormones related to this phase of the cycle.
- Treat associated conditions – PCOS, hypothyroidism, ovulation issues, elevated prolactin and obesity are often seen in conjunction with LPD. Resolving these issues is seen as integral to treating LPD.
- Improve overall health – LPD is often seen as a symptom to poor health in general, so in order to treat LPD it is important to address every aspect of the patients condition.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – We see many women with both diagnosed and possibly undiagnosed LPD. The vast majority of cases are resolved effectively within a reasonable timeframe.
- Increased fertility – Better egg quality and smaller chance of miscarriage are a natural consequence of treating LPD.
- Individual attention – To achieve optimal fertility health all other associated concerns are addressed. Conditions such as PCOS etc. respond very well to Acupuncture and TCM respectively and each preson is given the care and individual treatment plan they require.
- Increased overall health – Because of the link between the general health of an individual and LPD the best results occur as overall health improves. Physical symptoms such as cold hands and feet, lack of energy and libido, sore lower back, depression etc. should also improve as treatment progresses.
- Acupuncture – Used to bring back the balance and natural progression of the cycle by moderating the endocrine system and allowing the restoration of the natural monthly flow.
- Herbal Medicine – Can boost the “Yang” and strengthen and sustain the luteal phase of the cycle and produce better reproductive health.
Our Chinese Medicine professionals are trained in both Chinese and Western Medicine knowledge and can deliver results to help you to achieve optimal reproductive health and achieve natural conception.
Don’t wait to address your reproductive health. See one of our Chinese Medicine professionals to get on the road to increased fertility.