Birthing Prep & Induction
Our practitioners are experienced in providing a natural and non-invasive treatment to prepare for an easy birth
After close to 9 months of hard work soon the hardest working day of all will arrive. Acupuncture is well known as a non-invasive drug free gentle way to help facilitate a quicker and easier birthing process.
How can Acupuncture help?
- Strengthening – By helping to strengthen the body after 9 months of work is very important so your body is more than capable of carrying out the birth with energy to spare.
- Relaxing – By relaxing tension in the body and allowing an easier birth not only is it less work but also less painful.
- Shortening labour – The actions of acupuncture in preparation for labour can shorten your time in labour markedly. Especially relevant for first time mothers but also for those who have already given birth.
- Reducing complications – Because of the downward action and those described above, Acupuncture helps to prevent complications such as caesarian section and chemical induction.
What can I expect from treatment?
- Results – No matter the exact situation of the mother, reports come back as overwhelmingly positive to birth preparation and induction treatment. It is not uncommon for labour to last as little as 2 hours with a minimum of discomfort.
- Timing – In order for full preparation it is advisable to begin treatment 2 or 3 weeks prior to your due date.
- Regularity – Your Chinese Medicine professional will probably ask you to come in 2 times a week on the due date itself.
- Herbal Medicine – Although Acupuncture is considered the primary intervention on occasion you may be prescribed Herbal Medicine to assist with your health and preparation for labour.
Timing is everything! Call today and ensure you have your labour preparation organised.
Work with our practitioners for a safe, non-invasive and gentle birthing preparation